Friday 4 February 2011

Spring Dreaming

Spring is just around the corner here in the Pacific Northwest! I can hardly wait to get planting, though it is a little early yet. After much, much catalog browsing, debating, and researching, my seed orders have finally been sent off! I  ordered seeds for the following Flowers & Veggies: Cerinthe purple bells, Cathedral bells, Sweet peas (old heirloom variety), Poppies, Sunflowers, cleome,  Ground Cherry, Corn, Cucumbers, & Dill. I still have lettuce seed left from last year and I purchased Tomato seeds at my local garden store. I also ordered some beautiful purple gladiolas. Some of these are brand new to me, so it will be a fun adventure to grow them.  Now, I just hope I can manage to squeeze them all in!

I brought home some tulips that someone had thrown out at work, and  took some pictures to share. More backyard bird photos as well.

Tulips

Tulip

Tomato Choice for 2011

Cheery Chickadee


Visiting Song Sparrow

3 comments:

  1. I'm more than ready for spring to show up, but unfortunately...we're buried in snow here. So I have to rely on your photos to remind me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me and are anxious for spring. I am your new follower. I just started my blog, stop by and watch as the season progresses and I add more photos.
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.