Friday 18 July 2014

July Blooms & Caring Parents

        Here are some photos of flowers blooming in my yard this month, along with a few from our trip to Manning Park last month. I just love the way the little Colombian ground Squirrel parents stood watch over their young. They couldn't even be lured close with peanuts, one of their favourite foods. We ended up giving away most of our peanuts to the brave Clark's nutcrackers. They took the peanuts right out of our hands. Some of them can even catch the peanuts when you toss them up into the air. The peanuts were tossed, not the birds, ha ha. It's a whole lot of fun and worth the drive out to Manning. I'm linking up with Tootsie Time for Flaunt your flowers Friday. 
Colombian Ground Squirrel

Parent Guarding its young

Clark's Nutcracker


Daylily

Daylily Strawberry Candy

Daisy

Nigella self-seeded from last year

White Nigella

Nigella and Butterfly Bush
Gladiola

Echinacea 

Poppy

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.