Friday 23 March 2012

March Blooms

While some parts of my country are experiencing warm March weather, on the West Coast it has been cooler than normal. Here are a few of the flowers blooming in my yard right now.  I also have a few seedlings growing on my kitchen windowsill,  a few more on top of my refrigerator, and many more waiting to be planted, once the weather warms up in April and May.   I also rejuvenated an old birdhouse by taking it apart, cutting off the rotten edges, reassembling it and giving it a fresh coat of paint. This makes it birdhouse number four hanging in my small backyard.  Only one of my houses is used every year without fail, and that is by the often dreaded house sparrow, but I am hoping  the chickadees will come back to nest in the birdhouse they used a couple of years ago.
Anemone Blanda


Crocus

Crocus

Crocus

Heather

Birdhouse Renovation

4 comments:

  1. Love the cluster of crocuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crocus. When I was a child, in Ohio, people would plant crocus randomly in their lawns. It was delightful to see the flowers in the spring after a long winter with many dreary days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the crocus were already here when I moved in, but they have happily multiplied, a few are even growing in my lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers and I love your Birdhouse!
    I found re: Ron's Gardening for Wildlife Newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.