Monday 6 February 2017

Snow!

  It's been a very snowy start to February, in fact we've broken snowfall records. It's been snowing off and on for four days now, and there is still more to come. On the bright side, the snow brings varied thrushes down from the mountains and into my yard. I saw a total of four, while in the past I have only had one. It also brought a song sparrow, which only comes to my feeder when it's snowy, though I hear him singing at other times. I've almost ran out of seed but at least I have a good supply of suet. Even though the snow is pretty, I am so ready for Spring!
Varied Thrush

Anna's Hummingbird

Cute little bushtits

Junco

Song Sparrow

Starling

Jay coming for his daily peanuts

If you look close, you can see four thrushes here

Snow 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.