Friday 16 January 2015

Slug & Snail resistant Annuals

       Only 63 days till Spring! Okay, I know that's not very close, but I hope you are busy planning your garden and looking at seed catalogues, which is the best thing about January. There is only one plant blooming in my yard at this time of the year, and that is my Pink Dawn Viburnum. It starts blooming a little in November, and blooms a little here and there until it puts on a big show in March. The flowers are fragrant and attract Anna's hummingbirds, which live here year round.

      Here's a list of some annuals that are resistant to slugs and snails, especially after they have grown past the seedling stage with their own true leaves. I don't know about you, but I find slugs to be one of the most disgusting creatures on earth and I have no desire to plant their favourites. Happy Planning!

Pink Dawn Viburnum 
  • African Daisy
  • Ageratum
  • Alyssum
  • Bachelor's Button
  • Calendula
  • Canterbury Bell
  • Cosmos
  • Forget-me-not 
  • Lunaria
  • Moss Rose (portulaca)
  • Nasturtium
  • Nigella
  • Papaver Rhoeas (poppy)
  • Pansy
  • Petunias
  • Pinks (dianthus)
  • Scarlet Sage
  • Snapdragon
  • Stock
  • Any plant with fuzzy leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just love reading your comments and appreciate the time it takes you to write them. In the past I have had word verification turned off but due to the amount of spam comments, I have now turned it on. I hope it won't keep you from posting.